5-HTP is 5-hydroxytryptophan is an amino acid derivative that the body produces. It aids in the production of a neurotransmitter called serotonin. Low levels of serotonin is associated with depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, and even weight gain.
- Increases serotonin – a neurotransmitter that affects sleep, appetite, temperature, pain sensation, and sexual behaviour
- Supports positivity – mood, depression, and anxiety
- Aid in weight loss – by increasing feelings of fullness
- Support fibromyalgia
- Reduce migraines potentially
Serving Size: 2 Capsule
Capsules Per Container: 60 Capsules
Side effects and Interactions: If you are on SSRIs please seek your physician or health care professional before taking this product
Keep out of the reach of children. Pregnant or lactating women, the chronically ill, elderly, individuals under the age of 18, those taking prescription medications (e.g., blood thinners) as well as those with a physician-diagnosed medical condition should consult with a physician, pharmacist, naturopath or other qualified healthcare professional prior to taking dietary supplements.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**TM Wellness is not liable for the misuse of our products
- Birdsall, T.C. 5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Aug;3(4):271-80.
- Turner, E.H. et. al. Serotonin a la carte: supplementation with the serotonin precursor 5-hydroxytryptophan. Pharmacol Ther. 2006 Mar;109(3):325-38. Doi: 10.1016/j.pharmthera.2005.06.004. Epub 2005 Jul 14.
- Jacobsen, J. P. R. et. al. Adjunctive 5-Hydroxytryptophan Slow-Release for Treatment-Resistant Depression: Clinical and Preclinical Rationale. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2016 Nov;37(11):933-944. doi: 10.1016/j.tips.2016.09.001. Epub 2016 Sep 28.